At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally this information is requested when you register to use our website, purchase tickets and enter any promotions or competitions. We may gather and use information about you in the following ways:
More generally, we will use your personal details and information we obtain from other sources to provide you with our goods and services, for administration and customer services, for marketing, to analyse your purchasing preferences and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests. We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for these purposes. We may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- 1. If you choose to register to use our website we may ask for information such as your name, date of birth, email address and contact details. We will use this information to administer your user account with us and so that we can tailor and improve the services we offer to you.
- 2. If you choose to give us personal information via the internet (for example, in the course of purchasing tickets or merchandising from us), it will be clear how we will use such information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
- 3. Where you have consented to us sending you information, we may also use your data for marketing purposes. Further details on this can be found below in the section headed "How do we use your information for marketing?"
- 4. Where you have consented to us passing your data to our official partners, sponsors and/or selected third parties to enable them to send you information, we may pass your data to such partners, sponsors and third parties to enable them to send you such information. Further details on this can be found below in the section headed "How do we use your information for marketing?"
- 5. We intend to continue improving the content and function of the Accrington Stanley Football Club website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
- 6. If you apply for a job we will use your information for the purposes of recruitment and selection, corresponding with you and equal opportunities monitoring and may hold your information for up to six months in case other suitable opportunities arise.
By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions outside of the EEA which may not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary, for the above purposes.
How do we use your information for marketing?
- 1. contact you with information that we think may be of interest to you;
- 2. contact you with information about other organizations goods and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- 3. share your information with our official business partners, sponsors and/or selected third parties so that they can contact you with information.
We, our official business partners and sponsors and selected third parties may contact you by various means, including but not limited to mail, telephone, fax, email or other electronic messaging services (including mobile phone messaging) with offers of goods, services, promotions or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your postal address, telephone or fax numbers or email address you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners please indicate this where requested on the registration form. You can change your preferences at any time by updating your personal profile online or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We link to a wide variety of other sites and we may display advertisements from third parties on our site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these sites or advertisers nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
We encourage our users to be aware of this when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements applicable on those sites.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although will still only be used in accordance with this policy.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee up to £10) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Any such requests must be made in writing to:
The Commercial Department,
Accrington Stanley Football Club,
The Crown Ground,
For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
When and how to contact us
You can change your marketing preferences online at any time by updating your personal profiles or by contacting us at email@example.com
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated on 14th April 2010
Please check to see if any of your questions have been answered below; if your question has not been answered please email direct support at:
How do I register on ASFC direct?
If you are a new customer you will need to select ‘login/register’ and complete the member registration details, you will then receive your customer number and password shortly after. If you already have a customer number you can activate your account from the member activation section, once you have completed the requested fields you will receive your password. Once you have received your customer number and password you will be able to login, we strongly recommend that you then change your password.
When will I receive my password for ASFC direct?
If you are a new customer you will need to complete the member registration details, you will then receive your customer number and password shortly after. If you already have a customer number you can activate your account from the member activation section, once you have completed the requested fields you will receive your password.
When can I begin purchasing through ASFC direct?
You are able to begin purchasing once you have been sent confirmation of your customer number and password.
Can I change my password?
We recommend that once you have received your customer number and password you login and then select the option of changing your password. This can be done by selecting change password from the ‘my account section’.
What should I do if I have lost my password or customer number?
You will need to select ‘login/register’ and then select ‘forgotten password?’ You will then need to fill in the requested fields and you will then receive your login details shortly.